Saturday, September 17, 2011

Why I decided to start this blog...

     I never thought I would be sitting on my couch and posting a blog. Partly because I just never imagined that I would have something substantial to talk about. That paired with the fact that I never stick to anything I do always turned me off from blogging. Let me start off by doing what I do love the do the most and telling you a little bit about myself and what brings me here today.
     In November of 2010 my prayers were finally answered and my husband and I were blessed with a baby girl. After having her, I decided that I could not bare to put her in daycare so I quit my job and am now a full time stay at home mom. While having a baby is most definately a handful, I have found that staying home has opened the door for me to start taking up hobbies that I have always had an interest in but have never had the time to do.
     About a week ago I decided that I want to get into digital photography and start really learning how to take amazing pictures. I never had motivation to stick to anything else, but since I had my daughter I realized that I do not have enough quality pictures of her and I would like to change that. My hopes are that it will eventually lead me to a potential business venture.
     Another hobby I have that I would like to share is my passion for cooking. There is no better feeling than to put together a meal and watch your family come together at the table enjoy it. I like to think that I am on my way to becoming a fabulous cook and would love nothing more than to document some of the meals I experiment with along with some of my favorite classic recipes. As a side note to this, about two years ago, I decided that I wanted to put together a celebrity name based cook book with meals like the "Christina Applecake" and "John Besushi". I know what you are thinking... That is completely retarded and I will never do it, but the more I cook and document what I do the more material I feel like I will have to one day put together that book. Its ok, judge now, but in 20 years when this has made me millions we will see who the retarded one is!
     I plan to use this as an outlet to post pictures and document my new journey. I don't want to limit this blog to just photography and cooking. I really want to add in all kinds of things that will really show who I am. You may log in one day and find a book review, or I may just go off with a story I need to share about being home with my daughter or challenges that I am facing. I want to try my best to keep this blog very positive and fun, but my cousin who is also my very best friend that I love and adore has pointed out that I sometimes sensor myself to please other people, and I refuse to do that here. I only plan on sharing this blog with my closest friends and family members, but that being said, I plan on being as blunt and honest as you all know me to be.
     I hope you all enjoy my blog and come back to visit often!

1 comment: